Chef Chuck's Green Bean and Potato Salad

Insalata di Patate

Green beans and potato salad has been a summer time staple my whole life. My Mom made this salad a lot, during our back yard barbecues. I like a light coat of dressing because you are able to enjoy the flavors of these fresh organic vegetables.


Green Bean and Potato Salad

1 pound fresh green beans
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
1 red onion, sliced

extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar or
red wine vinegar
salt and pepper


Place whole potatoes in a large pot of salted water, bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes, drain, cool and cut in quarters. Trim and snap green beans, steam and cool. Combine potatoes and beans in a large bowl add onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to your desire.

10 comments:

  1. My mom has made this for as long as I can remember. It is truly THE best. And you are right, a light coat on the dressing...mmmmm! Yours looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck - This reminds me of salads I make. Perfect with the warm weather approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LaDue, What would we do without our mom's!!
    Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Live.Love.Eat, Your right we have hit our warm weather already here in the high plains of Arizona.
    80 degrees and all sun for two weeks know! I am loving it! Thank You:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sophie, Your right, It's all right there!! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good!! Nice and healthy!!
    I should probably be cooking more of this and baking a lot less. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Ash, We must eat good every now and then!
    Plus Baking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chuck, can we get married...again. You know I love your food, but on occasions I have to let it go due to the fact I am a vegetarian. So when I saw this one I was jumping for joy.

    I just finished it for lunch. I mean come on, starch, and veggie all in one dish, what's not to love.

    I am going to blog about this today and I already posted about your risotto. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cooking Lady, They say the best time to get married is in May! So let's get a move on it!!
    I love when veggies make us happy :)
    More veggies to come, we are in season, Yeah.
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete