Chef Chuck's Mostaccioli and Artichokes

Pennette con i cariofi

Mostaccioli with red sauce, artichokes and kalamata olives is a fantastic weekend pasta dish. The artichokes add a nice texture and taste, as the olives add a special brightness. I used pecorino cheese to add yet another enticing flavor. This is an easy pasta recipe anyone can make it.
Pennette and Artichokes1 pound pennette
3 tablespoons extra virgin
olive oil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 large cans tomato sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups artichoke hearts, sliced
1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
pecorino cheese, grated
red hot pepper flakes, optional

Heat olive oil add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, add garlic for 30 seconds and pour in tomato sauce bring to a boil. Lower heat and add artichokes, olives, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile heat a large pot of salted water and cook pasta al dente. Combine pasta to sauce, add cheese and pepper flakes and enjoy. You will have left over sauce.

8 comments:

  1. Yum Chuck! Artichokes and pasta.. my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello YankeeSoaper, Yes, this is a great marriage!
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had something very very similar tonight for dinner, just add some bacon and it would have been the same dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ash, That would be delish to!! Thank You! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got all of my favorite things in this dish! Pasta, artichokes and kalamatas! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele, I am glad I hit this one right!! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For starters I'll have the "Chef Chuck's Calamari" and also the "Cozze al limone" and then I'll have the "Mostaccioli con carciofi" for my entree and for dessert I'll have the "Strawberries and chocolate with Mascarpone"... can I see a wine list? I've been to restaurants that don't have a menu this good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Joe, This is great! I will work on the wine list!! " Grazie, Grazie " :)

    ReplyDelete