Chef Chuck's Pickled Garlic


Aglio Marinato

Pickled garlic is a flavorful condiment that's delicious to eat straight out of the jar. It has a crunch to it and can be used in salads, or can be served with a variety of meats or cheeses. It's wonderful stuffed in olives! I grew so much garlic, that I am always looking for different ways to preserve it :)

Pickled Garlic
garlic, whole cloves
red bell pepper, cut small
bay leaves
whole peppercorns
dried oregano
red hot pepper flakes
salt
olive oil
white vinegar



Peel garlic cloves and place in a sterilized jar along with red bell peppers. Add a few small bay leaves, a few peppercorns, a pinch of oregano, a pinch of red hot pepper flakes,and a pinch of salt. Pour in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fill the rest of the jar up with white vinegar. Place in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 weeks for optimum flavor.

13 comments:

  1. Okay Chuck, you are killing me with this one. My mouth is watering something awful. I can't wait to try it. It was good seeing you again. Good luck!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber! Yes you would love this one, add to your favorite dishes...
    Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello YankeeSoaper! Glad you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh là là !!!!! This is SO elegant...the new layout I mean ..I just LOVE it !!!!
    and the idea of the drawing with your moustache ....Your moustache is SO Italian..Don't you dare shave it!!
    Good luck, Chef !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your so great, I will not shave it off Cristina!! Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super blog! I came over from Cristina's. So pleased to have found you. I had fun looking back over your recipes.
    That garlic photo is wonderful. I'd love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Barbara! So nice to hear you enjoy my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you recommend a specific jar size? Just wondering what has worked best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I most certainly can, I like smaller ball or mason jars.
    Thank you,
    Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hint: If you don't want to spend hours peeling garlic, a simple solution is to go to Sam's Club (or the like) and buy a big jar of pre-peeled garlic (I know it's not FRESH, but I was willing to try it) and use that....it was awesome.

    I also added a couple hot peppers in (Habenero) for looks and heat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Thank you for the tip..
    Being an gardener, I grow garlic's from around the world. Glad you enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can this be canned in water bath or pressure canned for long term storage? I grow a lot of garlic.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete