Chef Chuck's Homemade Ravioli with Butter Sage Sauce

Ravioli con salsa di burro e salvia


Homemade Ravioli filled with ricotta cheese, and served with butter sage sauce. A light and flavorful recipe, what a wonderful dinner. Picking the fresh young sage leafs from the garden made a flavorful impression to remember!


Pasta
1 1/2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt

2 eggs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3-4 tablespoons water


Cheese Filling
1 pound ricotta cheese
1 egg

1/2 cup parmigiano cheese, grated

salt and pepper



In a mixer combine all ingredients together to get a smooth dough. Roll into a ball on a floured board and wrap in plastic for 15 minutes. Cut dough in 4 sections and work with 1 section, keeping the other 3 sections wrapped. Roll out with rolling pin or use a pasta machine to make long pieces. Place a 1/2 teaspoon of cheese mixture every 1 1/2 inches, fold dough over and use a pastry cutter to seal and make decorative edges. Place on a board or baking pan and cover while making the rest of dough.
Makes 3 dozen


Sauce
12 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, chopped

parmigiano cheese, grated
salt and pepper

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, gently place ravioli in and simmer for 3 minutes. In a large frying pan melt butter, sage, parmigiano, salt and pepper. Drain ravioli and put into frying pan with the sauce. Top with cheese.

15 comments:

  1. You MUST have enjoyed this. It'd melt in your mouth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ravioli look perfect - great job. I'm a fan of this sauce too, Chuck, but now make it with olive oil instead of butter. It's not as rich, but if the sage leaves are fresh, fresh, fresh - it's a good alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An old favorite and you did it to perfection! What time is dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Scintilla, This is one of my favs!! Yum :)
    Grazie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Casalba, Thanks, I will do that next time with Olive Oil! Sounds delish!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ciao Chow Linda, When ever you get here dinner will be served!! Thank You! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chuck this looks amazing!!! Could ya add another place setting?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lucy, No problem, I will do so!! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Burro & Salvia is perhaps THE best ravioli condiment by far. I fill my ravioli with ricotta and spinach. oh, and I don't chop the sage, because my son doesn't like to pick out the small dark sage pieces from his plate, so I sauté the leaves in the butter whole.

    Bravo Chuck for posting this simple and tasty recipe for all seasons. Ciao chef!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ciao Lola, I agree I love that taste! I also like spinach, I may have to do that the next time I crave ravioli! Enjoy:) Grazie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a classic Italian recipe and definitely one that I like to make again and again. Thankfully my husband doesn't mind! Full flavor in little time. Great post once again, Chef Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bridgett, Very true Italian classic that lasts!!
    Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great! Gotta love ravioli!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Sophie, The fresher the better, I agree!!
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete