Chef Chuck's Risotto Milanese

Risotto alla Milanese


Risotto Milanese is a rich and creamy rice dish with lots of saffron. Making risotto is a very relaxing cooking experience, to make it properly, it will take up to half an hour. A great meal in itself or a delicious side dish.

1 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup extra virgin
olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon saffron threads
1/2 cup white wine
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup parmigiano cheese, grated
4 cups organic chicken broth
salt to taste


In a large frying pan heat olive oil and saute onions for about 3 minutes. Add rice and coat with oil, toast for 2 minutes, slowly add wine. Place saffron threads in the warm chicken broth and ladle in a little at a time and allow the rice to absorb it before adding more. This will take about 25 minutes. Add grated cheese, salt and butter.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite dishes. It brings back happy memories of meeting for the first time decades ago, my aunt who lived in Milan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My O.H. is from Milan and he makes this too. Yours looks just as good - if not better because that black plate sets it off to a T. Sometimes he also adds sausages. Then we'll always eat it as a main dish with salad to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie, You know chocolate and I have a great relations! That sounds delish!!
    I will look your recipe up. Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ciao Chow Linda, This makes me happy! I love when foods and cooking opens wonderful memories!! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ciao casalba, Wow this sausages blend is something I would really enjoy! I thank you for sharing!
    Grazie:)

    ReplyDelete