Scallops "Tastes of the Sea"


These unique shelled beauties moves quickly as a snap along the oceans bottom floor. Their tender soft texture finds me committed for more. Remarkable yet distinctive taste uniquely complementary to the palate! With fork tender pleasure we all come to enjoy. They are easy and swift to prepare.This dish has the sweetness of tomato coupled with garlic and onions , that receive a kick of lime to give zing, followed by the mellowing effect of extra virgin olive oil. O ' yes finished with a sprinkle of Italian flat leaf parsley. I hope one day you will like and have fun making Scallops.


Seared Scallops with Lime Salsa
1 dozen scallops
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper

Lime Salsa

1 large tomato, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and let sit for 10 minutes.

Salt and pepper scallops on both sides. Heat large skillet over medium high heat add olive oil, then scallops cook for 3 minutes. Turn scallops and add salsa and cook another 3 minutes until done. Serves 4
Buon Appetito

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you stopped by my blog, otherwise I wouldn't have found yours. It reads like a favourite cookbook! I can't wait to try some of these recipes, the photos look so inviting...
    I love scallops. They've become expensive here but this recipe is a very tempting starter. mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Scintilla, I am even more gratified you stopped.Thank You for your distinction in your lovely comment! You can also see me in action in my Angel Hair pasta dish,(video clip}. Yes I see your from the land of my heart Positano!! I must say I love your blog because you bring back great reflections for me!
    I wrote you about that. Thank You, Chuck
    p.s. May I add you to my fav. foodie friend list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When a Proud Italian Cook is less for words, it has to be good!!
    Thank You! Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should post this. My husband requested that I make him some seviche with scallops. I don't know if I blogged this one, but if not I will, for my non-vegetarian bloggers. Simple and good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cook Lady, I am glad you husband is in the mood for these sea creater!! Thanks for passing it on. Very simple, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your very welcome, Scintilla, Thank You

    ReplyDelete