Meatball Sandwich

La Polpetta!!


Meatball Sandwich
This meatball sandwich is always a good lunch to enjoy. As you see I like my meatballs a little bigger then most. Many families have different ingredients in their meatballs and usually fry them. My mother taught me a method that will be in my family for generations. I feel we get a lighter yet more flavorful meatball by putting them raw into boiling sauce, instead of browning in a frying pan. This also produces a sauce with great possibilities. Some also mix different meats together like beef, sausage or veal, I just use organic ground beef. I would hope you will try!!


Meatballs


1 pound organic ground beef
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 cup parmigiano cheese, grated

2 large eggs
3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped or
1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley

2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black cracked pepper

Mix all ingredients together but don't over mix. Shape into meatballs of desired size, and carefully drop in boiling sauce. Lower heat to a simmer and cook 1 hour. Makes about 10 large meatballs.

18 comments:

  1. Yum! Chef Chuck, I don't have any experience with organic ingredients. Other than the health aspect, does the meat have a better flavor? Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many versions of meatballs out there and they are all good. I've made them fried, baked and just thrown in. I've also done them with a variety of meats and just beef. Nothing beats a good meatball sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi La Due& Crew Yes, the beef flavor is better
    and richer! I use organic ingredients all the time.
    Thanks, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, The Food Hunter, So true I agree!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting that you put milk in yours. My grandmothers recipe that we've always used has mashed boiled eggplant in it for softness but we fry ours before coking in the tomatoe sauce. Kids have them in a roll at school the nextday if there are any left over. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach - and meatball sandwiches are a surefire way to get there. Always a hit in my home.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Scintilla, That's just as interesting eggplant within, sounds good, you were a lucky kid!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ciao Chow Linda, You got that right!! Yumm
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am booking a flight so we can chow down on some meatball subs. My daughter has not tried them as of yet. Don't get me wrong, we have all the vegetarian alternatives out there, but have never made them. Silly me. But I look at it this way, if I made a batch, she may not get any and would never know the joy of these lovely gems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cooking Lady, I will pick you up at the airport!!
    Yes, many ways to cook meatballs, meatless.
    Mushrooms have a meaty flavor!
    Thanks Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to bite right into it! I mix my meats when preparing too. I do both pop into sauce or partial cook on baking sheets. All's great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE meatball sandwiches, yours looks perfect! How did the news show go?

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look gorgeous. I never knew a meatball could until now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi YankeeSoaper, It's all good!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Jenny, Me too! Yes, my live nbc segment went very well, we had a blast!!
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Live.Love.Eat, It tasted gorgeous to! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chef Chuck, thanks for the meatball recipe. I've needed one for years. These were delicious. See you at the office. Kervin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome my friend, Glad you enjoyed !!
    See you soon. Grazie!

    ReplyDelete