Chef Chuck's Fried Cauliflower

Crunchy Goodness !!

I can smell the florets from here!!
I was thinking of a vegetable this time and the florets came to mind.
This fried cauliflower has been in my family a long time. Cauliflower makes a great appetizer or side dish. It is high in fiber and vitamin c. If you are a fan of this vegetable, I am sure this will make your taste buds dance! The only changes that I made was my new creation, Parmigiano Dip!!
This dip will indubitably stand out with flavors that pop. The softness of the mayo and sour cream, pairs up great with the mellowness of the shallots. Let's not forget the sharpness of Parmigiano Reggiano, plus the zing of the lemon, topped with flat leaf parsley. Please enjoy!




Chef Chuck's Fried Cauliflower

1/2 pound cauliflower
2 eggs
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 parmigiano cheese
salt and pepper
canola oil for frying



Dip

1/2 cup mayo

1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon shallots
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup parmigiano cheese
1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
salt and pepper


Egg Mix

2 eggs

1 tablespoon parmigiano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Wash and remove core cut cauliflower into small florets. Whisk eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper together dip florets in egg mixture. Roll in bread crumbs coat on all sides. Fry in 350 degree oil till golden brown. This will take approximately 1 1/2 minutes . Place on paper towels or kitchen towels and salt while hot. This appetizer is good for two.

10 comments:

  1. Yeah! The all too under-utilized cauliflower! This looks addictive- I love cauliflower! Way to go, Chef Chuck! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janet, Thank You, your right it is!!
    Enjoy,Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is here to fatten me up. You have yet to post a recipe I don't like! This looks scrumptious. I've never tried them this way - even my son may eat it cooked like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blog Chuck! I look forward to checking in often to see what's cooking in your kitchen. This cauliflower looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Scintilla, It's not me it's the holidays!!
    you will really like this one I am sure. Just a tip to make them better, be sure your temps are at a steady 350 degrees. Add a few at a time. I am very pleased that you like my foods! That the Italian in me!! I hope your son likes.
    Thank You, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jenny, Thanks so much for your complement!!
    It means a lot to me.I love your blog and I feel likewise!
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I may even get my kids to eat cauliflower with this recipe. The dip looks like a divine treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your kids will like!! Thanks, Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  9. We finally made it tonight and this dish was to die for. This one is a keeper and will be made again in this home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello to The Cooking Lady!
    This is good news, I am glad that my recipe is a keeper in your home! Thank You, Chuck

    ReplyDelete