Chocolate Cream Pie


Let's take a hike in the peaks and valleys, I see CHOCOLATE ahead!!

Chocolate Cream Pie
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter
10-12 tablespoons cold water
4 or 6 ounce box of chocolate pudding
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 ounce chocolate


Combine dry ingredients in a processor and pulse a few times. Add butter in small pieces (1/2 tablespoon) at a time then add cold water, pulsate for no more then 1 minute. Knead on floured board a few minutes cut in half and wrap in plastic wrap, makes two crusts. Let rest in refrigerator for 1 hour remove and let sit on board for 15 minutes. Sprinkle flour on board and roll out to fit pie dish, poke fork holes into bottom and sides of crust to eliminate air bubbles. Bake 375 degrees for about 12-15 minutes, till golden brown. Cool pie on rack.


Filling: Make pudding according to directions. Fill cooled pie shell and let rest for 15 minutes then put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. I like the pudding you cook on the stove. Or you could make your own pudding!


Whip Cream: Beat heavy cream in an electric mixer on high speed add confectioners sugar a little at a time whip till soft peaks form. Using a pastry bag decorate your pie with the whip cream or scoop on with spoon. Shave your favorite chocolate on top. Serves 8


OK, I admit, I am a chocoholic! You will see that in the future, no doubt! Chocolate cream pie is so creamy, smooth and refreshing it is truly a comfort food anytime of the year. This pie is always a crowd pleaser at my house, and our biggest fan is Michael, our sons, favorite. I love dessert but they don't hang around to long in our home! Chocolate cream pie is an American dessert but if you add Galliano (a sweet herbal liquor) and minus the whip cream you will have an Italian cream pie.

11 comments:

  1. OhMyGoSh!! I will not be able to stop thinking about this until I make it! Adding the Galliano or some Grand Marnier sounds to die for as well. You know, I absolutely love making pie crusts... I offer to make them for friends and family all the time. There is just something about the dough- the aroma maybe. It's just a peaceful time for me when I am making them ;o) Oh Chef Chuck, I will never be able to lose these holiday pounds, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello La Due Crew,I love pie crust too!
    That is nice you have the quiet time when making dough. We all will have to work at losing what we may have gained this holiday. But it was all worth it!!
    Thanks Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, we really have to stop eating like this! ..tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Maryann, I Love It !
    We really do !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's it Chuck! I'm putting on blinders.. Well, perhaps a peek :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's it Chuck! I can't look anymore! Well, perhaps a peek :) My FedEx Express acct's going to be maxed out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey YankeeSoaper, o.k., Just peek!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my oh my...Now isn't this the quintessential dessert for National Pie Day January 23rd. I'll be saving this link for sure. I'm intrigued by the thought of a splash of Galliano. Heavenly:)

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Isn't this the quintessential dessert for National Pie Day, January 23rd. I'll be saving this link. I'm so intrigued by the thought of a splash of Galliano. Heavenly:)

    ReplyDelete