Margherita Pizza


Pizza Margherita

The Queen of Pizza!

A classic pizza straight out of Naples, Italy. Named after Queen Margherita, queen of Italy in the late 1800's. The colors green white and red represent the Italian flag. I use a pizza stone and heat it up in the oven to get really hot. This will give you a crispier crust. Put your basil leaves under the cheese so it will not burn. It's another simple recipe with great results. Make your own pizza dough with a marinara sauce, wet mozzarella and fresh basil leaves.

Pizza Dough
2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon dry yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
4-5 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon salt



Add 1 tablespoon of yeast to warm water and sugar, stir. Let sit for 7 minutes (until foamy). Pour into mixer bowl, set to a medium speed, add olive oil. Mix in one cup of flour at a time with salt until it forms into ball of dough. Dust a cutting board with flour and knead dough for 3 minutes. Lightly coat a large bowl with olive oil, transfer dough and cover with plastic wrap and layer small towel on top. Let rise in a warm area for 1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hours. When dough becomes 2-3 times it's original size, spread onto floured board knead a little and cut into 4 sections. Form into round disks, use a rolling pin and roll out to 8-10 inches add marinara sauce, basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese. Bake in a 450 degree oven till the top is crispy and the mozzarella cheese is bubbly. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over finished pizza.


Sauce
1 large can San Marzano whole tomatoes
2 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil
salt and pepper

Heat olive oil add garlic for 1-2 minutes add crushed tomatoes and all the herbs stir and let simmer 20 minutes.

Toppings
wet mozzarella cheese
fresh basil leaves
olive oil
salt and pepper

13 comments:

  1. Un pizza apetitosa, me encanta como ha quedado y la foto es buenisima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estoy alegre usted tengo gusto!! ¡Prueba tan bueno como mira!! Tirada de las gracias

    ReplyDelete
  3. I groaned out loud when I saw this pop up when I logged onto your site. This is my absolute favorite pizza and pretty much the only way I eat it. I am not a fan of tons of toppings as I think it really ruins the flavors of the stars: cheese, crust and the faintest hint of sauce. Your photos are gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bridgett, I am so happy you like, I totally agree, You have the Italian in you! The simpler the better. Just get the flavors in each of the few wonderful ingredients!! Enjoy and Thanks, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what gorgeous crust Chuck! I just love thick and chewy! I'm so hungry now!LOL Your pic is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely my favorite way to enjoy pizza. It looks beautiful Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny ,I try to bring us back to Italy!
    Thanks, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're making me hungry again Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Joe, This is what I like to do, Make you Happy!! Enjoy, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks awesome. I just LOVE the irregular shape of the pizza. I have to add you to my blogroll NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Live,Love,Eat, I guess you understand the true pizza!!
    I am proud to be apart of your wonderful blog!!
    I like yours also, and will add you too ! Thanks Foodie Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ringraziamenti per la venuta ed io sono felici voi gradiciamo!! Ciak

    ReplyDelete