Chef Chuck's Lemon Fusilli

Lemon Fusilli


I was in the mood for something light, delicate, and healthy, with my pasta this evening. The lemon never fails! A bit tangy with all that lovely lemon and a hint of spring with my fresh parsley. The fusilli, is perfect for this recipe as it soaks up the lemony essence inside the pasta curls. The sheeps cheese, pecorino, has a distinct sharpness that complemented the pasta very well. A simple dinner to remind us, Spring is in the air!!




Lemon Fusilli
1/2 pound fusilli
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
juice of 1 lemon
about 1/4 cup pasta water
rind of 1/2 a lemon
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
pecorino cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste


In a large pot heat water to boiling add a generous amount of salt and pasta, cook al dente.
In a large fry pan heat olive oil and simmer garlic about 1 minute, stirring often. Add in broth
juice of lemon, rind, parsley, salt and pepper. Add in drained pasta plus pasta water mix and
grate cheese on top. Drizzle olive oil over finished dish.

16 comments:

  1. For a while it was very hard for me to find fusilli in the stores! Yes! I even started to learn how to make my own.
    Love this dish, Chuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryann, Now you can't beat home made pasta's, I would love to try yours ! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love light sauces like this over red sauces any day! So nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Live.Love.Eat, Glad you like!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple. Perfect. Looks great Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! This looks perfect for a hot summer evening in Amalfi. :-) I am always looking for ways to incorporate the abundance of lemons here into more recipes. Grazie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ciao Laura, Glad you like! Light and simple, Grazie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would absolutely love the lemony tang of this. It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bridgett, Lemon yumm!!
    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been cooking up some mighty fine dishes while I was away. This one looks sooo inviting. I've never made a lemon pasta, but you're my inspiration to try this recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ciao Chow Linda, I hope you had fun away, Please try this, you will like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Chuck...will you marry me?! Can you imagine dinner out our houses. I would love to get all my cooking buddies together for a pot luck. Can you even imagine what that would be like.

    I now have to find this pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will say, we do have a lot in common!! What a great idea, getting all of us together!! I will have to work on that, what fun we all would have! Take Care

    ReplyDelete