Chef Chuck's Lemon Chicken with Potato


Pollo al Forno con Patate

Tonight I was in the mood for some good old chicken. This recipe has been around for a long time and very simple to make.You will find that I make many different chicken dishes, but this evening lemon with potatoes won! The lemon adds a light touch. The potatoes have a outer crunch, but a smooth creamy inside. We are achieving two things of greatness with one lemony potato! Lets not forget the main event the chicken that was tender and moist separated easily from the bone with full flavor, topped with fresh flat leaf parsley.
I find in my life and in cooking, the simpler the better!

Baked Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
Chicken thighs and drumsticks
flour to coat chicken
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup vegetable broth
juice of 1 fresh lemon
3 potatoes cubed
fresh flat leaf parsley

Wash chicken place in large bowl salt and pepper and coat with flour. In a large fry pan melt butter and 1 tablespoon oil and brown chicken on both sides. Place in a large baking dish with potatoes drizzle chicken and potatoes with oil and lemon juice, broth, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove chicken cover with foil and broil potatoes for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serves 4

10 comments:

  1. I love everything lemon, but never thought to add it to potatoes! You are going to be my flavorful lifesaver during the course of my diet, Chef Chuck! Yum-O!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemon with anything but I'd never thought to use it with potatoes before! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello La dueand Camp,I am glad you like, Lemon!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Scintilla, You are very lucky, you have a connection to the best Lemons in the world!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I made lemon chicken last night too. Yours looks way better than mine did. I grilled it and it was way too lemony. Next time I'll do it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Food Hunter, We must be thinking the same!!
    Thanks, Lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that does look oddly simple for something so beautiful. I love potatoes so much and this just looks homey and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Live.Love.Eat, It simple, yes and comforting! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so wonderful.. and so does the cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Laurie, Thank you very much for your comment.
    I feel your blog looks wonderful to, and your dishes look great!
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete