Chef Chuck's Carrot Cake

Torta di Carote

This is my Italian version of a carrot cake! I added a coconut marscapone icing, and it's so
creamy. The cake is packed with healthy ingredients, organic carrots, walnuts, raisins and
pineapple. A very moist and delicious cake to enjoy anytime.


Carrot Cake
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup canola oil
2 cups carrots shredded
1 cup crushed pineapples, drained
coconut optional


Combine dry ingredients. Add liquid ingredients be sure to drain pineapples very well. Bake 350 degrees in a bundt pan for 50 minutes. If you prefer a 9x13 bake for 35 minutes, or for cupcakes bake 20 minutes.


Icing


8 ounces mascarpone
1/4 pound butter, softened
3 tablespoons coconut, shredded
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla


Softened butter and mascarpone to room temperature. In a mixer combine all ingredients and beat until smooth. Frost cake when completely cooled. Sprinkle on coconut. Wrap cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Ricette by Chef Chuck's Cucina

10 comments:

  1. Wow Chef Chuck- This is gorgeous! Nice play on the frosting, too. I am a mascarpone nut! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LaDue, Thanks for your comment, You and I both love Mascarpone!! Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo chef chuck! My dad has been making the espresso cookies for all of their condo neighbors! See you tomorrow---we're camping tonight. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chef Chuck,now this is a carrot cake with a difference and even healthier as it has no butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Margaret, Thanks, Glad your dads friends are enjoying! Come help us with this carrot cake, HELP! Enjoy this wonderful weather camping!
    We love you guy's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Scintilla, Yes a bit more healthier!
    Please try, I wish I could send you some this cake is huge and delish!
    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the idea of mascarpone frosting. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Food Hunter, Your welcome, Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chef Chuck! we went out for dinner at my favourite Florence restaurant last night. The food was AMAZING. My husband was too full for dessert but the waiter said that he wouldn't take no for an answer. So while I ate chocolate cake, he brought out his specialty carrot cake. And it was to die for! I don't usually make carrot cake so I thought I would search for a recipe - but there's no need now as yours looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Monika,I wish I could have been there!
    Florence, I love it! I guess our timing on the recipe was just right! Please try, enjoy, Grazie

    ReplyDelete