Chef Chuck's Pizza



Pizza con Peperoni e Cipolle
A simple yet scrumptious pizza the whole family will enjoy. Why order out when you can make this at home with the family! I used tipo 00 (double zero) flour, San Marzano type tomatoes from Italy, the best mozzarella you can obtain, and fresh basil. All these fine ingredients, result in the flavors of a true classic Italian pizza. This is the Emile-Henry pizza stone, which really enhanced the cooking, it can be used on top of gas or electric stove, in the oven, or on the barbecue.


Chef Chuck's Pizza (Pizza with Pepper and Onion)

Dough
4 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar


Toppings
San Marzano tomato sauce
Buffalo mozzarella
red and yellow bell peppers
white onion
fresh basil


Prepare dough by combining 2 cups warm water, about 110 degrees, with the yeast and sugar. Let rest for 7 minutes, add olive oil and vinegar. Place in food processor, along with the flour and salt. Combine until a ball forms. Knead dough till smooth, place in a oiled bowl, cover and let rest in a warm spot for 2 hours or until it doubles. I used a third of the dough to make each pizza. I like it thin, add just a splash of sauce, thin slices of mozzarella and your toppings. Preheat oven and stone to 525 degrees, using a pizza paddle slide pizza onto stone and cook for about 10 minutes. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. 
Makes 3 pizzas.

10 comments:

  1. Simplicity at its finest. Do you deliver? I wish American pizza restaurants would make pizzas like this. People truly do not know what they are missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Bridgett!! For you free delivery;) You speak my Italian language.... as always!
    All the best, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put me on the delivery order too! Your crust reminds me of east coast pizza. It looks chewy! Never made mine with vinegar so I'm going to try that. It makes sense to give it that little tang in the flavor. Thanks CC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jodi Nina... Of course your on my delivery order!! ~~Nothing beats home made ~~
    Thank you.
    All the best,Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a fantastic, yet fairly simple, pizza. Perfect for so many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miri, Great for a pizza party !!
    Thank you :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chef

    This pizza looks amazing! I've tried my hand at homemade pizza before but mine always turns out messy, with the sauce and cheese flying everywhere. What's your secret? I wish that I had a slice right now while I devour the photo with my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Stevie, The secret is "simple" the Italians like just a splash of sauce. The less the better in most of Italian cooking. At least this my cut back on your mess :))
    Thank you ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks totally amazing! Simple flavors like this is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ash, Simplicity !! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete