Chef Chuck's Pistachio Porketta

Porchetta 


An Italian roast pork dish that's moist, tender and full of flavor. A traditional Italian dinner served on special occasions and holidays. A porchetta usually is the whole pig slow roasted
this is my version. I use a pork tenderloin, by browning each side in olive oil it seals in all
the natural juices. The pistachio's saltiness and nutty flavor enhances this tenderloin. Along with the fennel, garlic, oregano and balsamic vinegar every bite is delicious. I like to serve this dish with roasted potatoes, spinach and bread.

Porchetta

1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
1/2 cup pistachio's, peeled
4 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon fennel seed
1 tablespoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black cracked pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup vegetable broth


In a food processor blend pistachio's, garlic, fennel, oregano, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
Butterfly tenderloin to about 1/2 inch thick, coat mixture on top of pork and roll up. Tie with
string or toothpicks to hold it together.
In a large fry pan on medium high heat add 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown pork on all sides.
Put lid on pan and cook in a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 150-155 degrees. If your pan can't go in the oven transfer pork to a baking dish cover with foil.
Cover and let pork rest for 15 minutes before carving. While meat is resting pour vegetable broth in hot pan to deglaze. Stir with wooden spoon to release bits on bottom and simmer about 3 minutes. Strain gravy to remove bits and pour over pork.

20 comments:

  1. Chef Chuck you amaze me!! Who are the lucky people that you cook for!!!!???? YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger, I am the lucky one, I do the cooking!!
    Thanks You

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had trouble posting comments on your other recipes as the word verification wouldn't work for me.
    This looks truly succulent. Well done! I must try it.

    Those Zeppole are one of my favourites at Christmas and are brought to us by the plateful when we're on the Coast. They drizzle them in honey and even have a Sagra della Zeppola with prizes for the best at Positano.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scintilla, I will look into the problems, That sounds good with honey, Plus prizes must be fun!!
    I hope your doing fine, Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chef Chuck I've been having the same problem witht the word verification.

    But on to more important things. That pork looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Food Hunter, I talked to my webmaster and she is having problems to. This may be a blogspot problem? Yes, the pork was tender and delish!!
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like perfection! So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bridgett, You are so kind, take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm. What a tasty pork recipe. I love all the flavors - especially the fennel seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to add the nuts - I bet that's a great marriage of flavours.

    Loved your response to Ginger!

    (I wasn't the only one with word verification problems then? I'll try again now.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam,I agree the fennel goes very well with pork. Thnaks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Casalba, I am nuts for nuts!! Please try again. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely wonderful!!! So glad I've come to find your wonderful site!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Lucy Welcome! I am just as happy as you for finding your blogs! I will continue to follow your great cooking, Your photos are wonderful! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my heavens! The aroma is permeating right through my computer! This is a wonderful dish to "bring" to La Dolce Vita's annual Festa Italiana...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Louise, This does smell good when cooked! I think I will check out Festa Italiana. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful, Chuck..as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete