Chef Chuck's Penne and Artichoke

Penne con carciofi

We have a family dinner every Sunday, when we look forward to having our children, significant others and dogs coming for dinner. Our tradition is to have a pasta dish. This elegant and light penne dish is sure to please any pasta lover. Each ingredient comes together to create a blend that is delicious. The artichokes marinated in olive oil have a soft texture and great taste. By simmering the pistachio's in olive oil, it allows the nuts to release it's nutty flavor and gives the penne some crunch. Any pasta dish with peppers, olives, garlic and of course parmigiano is always fantastic.

Penne and Artichoke
1/2 pound penne pasta
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup artichoke hearts halved

3 tablespoons red roasted peppers chopped
2 tablespoons salted whole pistachio's
1 garlic clove minced
10 large black olives halved
1 cup parmigiano cheese grated
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a large pot to boil add a generous amount of salt and cook pasta to al dente.
In a large sauce pan on medium heat add 4 tablespoons olive oil and simmer pistachio's 2 minutes. Add peppers, olives, and artichokes and mix together. Stir in salt, pepper and garlic. Drain pasta and add to artichoke mixture stir in parmigiano cheese and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top.
Buon Appetito

11 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. Can I come for dinner? I love pistachios. I bet they give off a great flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title to this recipe, I thought out loud "Oh no ! Che buono!"
    I'm trying to lose my extra winter weight around about now but these plates are too tempting and the pistachio dash is a brilliant touch !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scintilla, Me too, I have been lucky this year, lost about ten pounds after this holiday bash, and working on more. One problem my wife's baking, makes it very hard! We MUST have our pastas, in smaller amounts! Thanks You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Food Hunter, Yes you may, dinner will be served late after on Sundays! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, count me in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another favorite and yours looks just awesome Chuck! Yumma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Italian, so that means I'm family, right!?! Mmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes LaDue and Crew, Italian is family!!

    ReplyDelete