Chef Chuck's Cheesecake

Cheesecake Crust

This cheesecake recipe is different then most, I changed it up by making the biscotti crust instead of the graham cracker crust. It's a decadent dessert so rich and creamy. My wife and I enjoy baking together, we love exploring in the kitchen new and different recipes. Her baking abilities are proven time and time again, how fortunate am I. Plus the flavors are highly dangerous and addictive!!
 
Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
I make the whole recipe but only use half for my crust. The half that I use I skip the second baking and I cool the cookies a few minutes and crush the warm cookies to fit in my well buttered spring form pan. Recipe on January 16th post.

Filling
2 1/2 pounds cream cheese cut in 1 inch chunks,
room temperature

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
6 large eggs, room temperature

1/4 cup chocolate for drizzle
1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

In a mixer beat cream cheese at medium speed
to break up and soften cheese. Scrape sides add salt and half of the sugar and beat, scrape bowl and add the remaining sugar. Scrape bowl add sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla beat at low speed to combine. Scrape bowl add yolks beat till combined, scrape bowl and add whole eggs 2 at a time beating till thoroughly combined. Brush sides of spring form pan with butter. Set pan on a baking sheet, pour filling in and bake for 10 minutes without opening oven, reduce temperature to 200 degrees. Continue to bake about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake registers 150 degrees. Transfer cake to wire rack, run a pairing knife between cake and sides of pan. Cool 2 hours, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
I melt my
favorite chocolate and drizzle over cheesecake. Let cheesecake allow to stand at room temperature before serving. When cutting cake dip knife into a tall glass of hot water then slice cake, wipe clean after each cut.

14 comments:

  1. Excellent idea with the biscotti. I am not really a fan of graham crackers, so this makes me happy! Looks divine, Chef Chuck. Oh, and thanks to Mrs Chef Chuck, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello LaDue and Crew, Yes, also you get a chocolate
    flavor, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! It's absolutely beautiful and it looks so delicious. Excellent job.

    Panini down below is making me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam, It's as good as it looks! Thank you so much. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very nice, Chuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty decoration with the chocolate, strawberries and mint leaves. and the chocolate biscotti crust sounds better than graham crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ciao Chow Linda, Thanks, the crust give it more crunchy flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chef Chuck!!

    That Cheesecake looks too good to eat!!! It is like a piece of art. It sounds so awesome. Once again you have out done yourself.

    gin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ginger,It is awesome, it's as good as it looks!
    I would try it if I were you!!
    Thank You for your comment. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The biscotti crust would be the winning element, in my opinion. Looks like a work of art, Chef Chuck. Hats off to your wife as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bridgett, Thanks so much your so kind!
    Your right the biscotti does it!!
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks dreamy ! I can believe it's addictive - who'd stop at a first slice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Scintilla, It taste Dreamy too!! I can't stop!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete