Chef Chuck's Steak Pizzaiola



Bistecca Pizzaiola


The New York strip steak was so tender, it broke with a fork, there is no need for a knife!
Organic beef and vegetables along with the slow roasting makes this dish a true comfort food.


Steak Pizzaiola


2 New York strip steaks
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 onion, sliced
3 carrots, slice large
3 celery stalks, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
8 large green olives
1 cup red wine
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves


Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Bring steaks to room temperature, salt and pepper both sides. Use an oven proof pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown steaks 2 minutes on each side, remove and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and brown tomato paste for 3 minutes, stirring. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic and olives saute an additional 3 minutes. Pour in wine and let simmer a minute or two. Pour in tomatoes and bay leaves stir all together. Place steaks on top of vegetables, put lid on, bake in oven for 3 hours.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my !!! The Argentinian "carnivore" is very please to see that....
    Thanks Chuck !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cristina, I hope your doing well! This dish I see satisfied you, and I both! What a complement, from a person that comes from the land of some of the best beef on earth!!
    Your wonderful, All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love braises. This one looks terrific, but it is so different from what my mom would call steak pizzaiola. I guess beef with tomatoes is pizzaiola. I like yours. I'm sure it was delicious. I would cook it on top of the stove using a much less expensive cut and flavor it with garlic, onions, oregano and tomatoes. I will definitely try your version the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of beef that just falls apart because it is so tender. This needs to be on my plate NOW! Delicious, Chef.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joe, Your right this is my version of this dish. Yes a less cut of meat could be more appropriate, do to the cooking time. Try it you will like it!!
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I just finished eating this dish. It was absolutely delicious. My husband said it was better than the Pizzaiola his grandmother used to make. Now that's a compliment. Thank you, Chef Chuck for a wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cathy A , I feel privileged from your comment! Glad you enjoyed :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE NY Strip so much. I never would have thought to slow roast it. I am so used to throwing it on the grill for 10 min. This looks amazing! One to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Love.Love.Eat, You know slow is good sometimes!! Take care, Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trying this today. Will add the garlic when I add the veggies. Got three strip steaks for the recipe. Sounds delicious. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb,
    Thank you for stopping by!
    Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete