Chef Chuck's Pork Ribs and Meatballs


Costine di Maiale e Polpette


Homemade tomato sauce with pasta, pork ribs and meatballs is truly comfort food. The pork was fork tender while the meatballs were so light. I slow cooked this meal in my new revolutionary nickel impregnated cast iron pot. This pot has unique qualities that others don't, it's quite efficient, the green pot, because it holds the temperature evenly on a low heat.

Pork Ribs and Meatballs

3 large cans tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

salt and pepper to taste
2 large country style pork ribs with bone
or 4 small ribs, room temperature



Meatballs
 1 pound ground beef, room temperature
1 cup parmigiana cheese, grated
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs

2 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper



In a large pot heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and brown ribs on all sides, remove and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and brown tomato paste for about 4 minutes, add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Pour in tomato sauce, herbs, add ribs and water, cover, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes. Meanwhile make meatballs by gently combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Form meatballs lightly and drop raw into sauce, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with your favorite pasta.

11 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that pot. sounds like a winner. This dish of ribs and meatballs sure has blue ribbon written all over it. I would love it with some polenta (or pasta, I'm not picky) for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ciao Chow Linda, Your so kind! I suggest this pot for many reasons to say the least. This safe tested line of cookware has a non stick surface that won't burn or scratch, very durable! Your choice of polenta sounds so inviting~~ Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. chuck this is fabulous! and I bet the smell in the house while it was cooking was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dawn, Your right, the house was almost condemned in the neighborhood from the smells!! Thank you,
    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, look at all this meatiness. I love it and I want some. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ash, I wish I could share~~
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know which of your latest recipes
    to start with. They all look so good!
    Science Guy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Science Guy! That depends, I would start with a hardy comfort winter recipe! There are also 200 more recipes! Take your time, "Rome wasn't built in a day!" Thank You and enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Baby! Phew, I feel a little hot flash coming on looking at that video and this dish! I live in New Jersey, hail from Texas and let me tell you the Italian food is nothin' compared to here...so I bet you cook mean food, and I said MEAN darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Chef E, I am glad that you enjoyed that dish!
    Your so kind~~~ Thank You

    ReplyDelete