Grilled Eggplant Panini


Panini con Melanzane alla Griglia


A delicate round panini composed of homemade focaccia, grilled eggplant, soft mozzarella, prosciutto and fried sage leaves. All these flavors combined together spell, Italian.


Grilled Eggplant Panini
focaccia bread
1 eggplant, peeled and sliced
mozzarella, thinly sliced
prosciutto
sage leaves, chopped


Make focaccia bread and cut into small circles. Peel eggplant and slice to a 1/4 inch thickness, lay out on paper towels then cover with paper towels and let sit for 30 minutes, this takes out the bitterness. Brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil, salt and pepper, grill. Flip over and place 1 slice of mozzarella and 1 slice of prosciutto on top of half the eggplant slices. Sandwich with the remaining eggplant slices. Make panini and top with chopped sage leaves.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this must be stellar with the addition of the fried sage leaves! A must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I do love a good grilled sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bridgett! Your right the fried sage give this panini a great touch! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ash, This was really tasty, a must try! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking recipe to try. Thanks! Oh yeah, I'm adding you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello italianmamachef, So happy you stopped by and thank you for adding me to your blogroll. I also enjoy your blog,I will add you mine. Thanks so much and honored to meet you my new foodie friend!

    ReplyDelete