Chef Chuck's Mediterranean Stuffed Bread



Pane Farcito alla Mediterranea
A wonderful appetizer filled with cream cheese, olive oil, salami, fresh vegetables, capers and basil. Use your favorite crusty loaf then hollow out and stuff with all these garden colors.
Get creative and add what pleases your palate. This recipe travels well and will be the hit at your next party or picnic.


Mediterranean Stuffed Bread
1 long loaf of bread
2 packages cream cheese, 16 oz.
room temperature
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 pound hard salami, diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 tomato, seeded and diced
3 scallions, chopped
2 teaspoons capers
1 tablespoon fresh basil
salt and pepper


Cut bread to measure about 12 inches, carefully hollow out inside using a knife and then a fork to pull out bread. Using a mixer blend the cream cheese, then by hand combine all other ingredients to the cream cheese and gently mix. Stuff the bread, keep pressing the mixture down till your bread is filled. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then slice and serve.

8 comments:

  1. Yum Chef Chuck! That looks very delicious, I'm going to throw a party just so I can serve that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karina, This is "Party Goods" for sure! Enjoy:)
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a long time since I have served a really good appetizer so I cannot wait to give these a try! It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Diana, This one will surely be a hit!!
    You will love it! Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who else has such wonderful and unique recipes as you, Chef? No one! I have been trying to come up with a fun snack to take on a picnic and I think I just found it. Now, all I need is a bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Bridgett! Thank you so much, I hope all is well, Your right a bottle of VINO will do!!
    All the best, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Chuck, and am certainly going to make it. (Just watched your "linguine with anchovies and walnuts" video. That's going on my list too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello casalba, I hope your doing fine! I am so glad you like what you see! Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete