Chef Chuck's Spaghetti and Clams


Spaghetti alle Vongole

Spaghetti and clams (vongole) a simple and inexpensive delicious dinner. Using fresh tomatoes and parsley give this recipe a brighter taste.
The baby tender clam juices coupled well with the white wine plus the aroma from the kitchen was like being in Italy's finest restaurants!


Spaghetti and Clams
1 1/2 pounds clams
6 tablespoons olive oil

1 cup white wine
3 garlic cloves, minced

6 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
3/4 pound spaghetti
red hot pepper flakes


Soak clams in water for 1 hour. In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil add clams and wine cover and cook until shells open, eliminate those that have not opened. Strain the liquid and clams set aside. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil to pan cook garlic and tomatoes for 5 minutes. Add liquid, salt and pepper cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add clams and parsley for 2 minutes. Cook pasta in salted boiling water till al dente. Combine pasta to clams add parsley and hot pepper flakes mix and serve.

18 comments:

  1. Perfect summer dish! I can't wait to make this... and yes, the memories those smells invoke, *~sigh*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LaDue, So true, memories!! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my son's favourite meal when he was two. Best eaten with a sea view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorites - and my husband's. I'm planning my dinner with your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scintilla, That is wonderful at two! I totally agree some how it tastes better Oceanside!! Grazie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sophie, I think you and I feel the same way about this dish!! MMMMMM, I will try the white sauvignon wine next time! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ciao Chow Linda, Lucky you, enjoy !
    Thank You:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a spaghetti night!!
    This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ash, I know I get those pasta feeling often!!
    Enjoy:) Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Proud Italian Cook, Yes, I have two forks, let's begin!! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was my grandmother's specialty (among others) and now it is my husband's favorite. This looks amazing. You should open your own restaurant, Chef Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bridgett, My fav too!! Restaurant business would be lucrative for me, but most of the time the restaurant owns you,{many hours}! I will just continue showing people how to cook a good meal at home. I have a another live broadcast Monday!! Thank You, Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who needs Italy's finest restaurants when there's your kitch. These are my favorite type of pasta dishes. Not lost in a sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Live.Love.Eat, Light and easy. You are great! Thank You!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I found your blog and love it. Totally yummy recipe, here. I linked to your blog on mine -- I hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello PATRICIA ROY, Welcome, If you are a foodie, your friend of mine!! This is a compliment to me for you to add me to your blog, I thank you!
    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete