Chef Chuck's Brussel Sprouts

A wonderful veggie anytime of the year, Brussel Sprouts, are tasty and healthy.
These mini cabbage's can be bitter, but when steamed with lemon juice before pan frying ,they are irresistible. The pancetta, shallots and garlic are just what this dish needs to compliment any meal.

Brussel Sprouts

12 Brussel sprouts, trimmed
juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4" slice pancetta, chopped

2 large shallots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup vegetable broth
salt and pepper to taste


Peel outer leaves and cut a little off the end. Steam sprouts for about 4 minutes. In a frying pan heat olive oil and saute pancetta 2 to 3 minutes, add shallots, garlic, Brussel sprouts, broth, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all flavors.

8 comments:

  1. The addition of pancetta put the brussel sprouts over the top. Great recipe, Chef Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these look and sound fantastic! I will be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho Brigett, I agree, the pancetta adds just the right amount of salty flavor ! Thnak You :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello LaDue, Enjoy, Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit.. I use to hide these when I was little then flush them down the toilet the first chance I got! Now, I love em and this recipe would make em even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ash, I was the same way! Now we Enjoy!
    Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I thought I was the only nerd who loves brussel sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cooking Lady, No, No, No, Me too!!

    ReplyDelete