Chef Chuck's Chocolate Mint Biscotti




Biscotti di Cioccolato alla Menta



Biscotti with a new twist, mint cookie that is coated with a chocolate mint ganache. A cool and refreshing minty biscotti, one of my favorites.


Chocolate Mint Biscotti
2/3 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour plus 2 tablespoons
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt


Bake nuts 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees, cool and chop, set aside. In a mixer cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, vanilla, mint extract, flour, baking powder, salt and nuts. Grease a baking pan, divide dough in half, place on pan 1/2" high and about 3 1/2" wide. Bake at 325 degrees about 25 minutes, cool 5 - 10 minutes, cut 1" thick, and bake another 5 minutes. Remove cookies and cool on rack.


Chocolate Ganache
1 cup semi sweet chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon mint extract


In a double boiler combine all ingredients, stirring. 
 Pour over cookies and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Makes about 18 biscotti.

10 comments:

  1. My favorite flavor combination all together in a gorgeous cookie. This is hard to beat, Chef. Not sure how you can keep topping yourself, but you always do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bridgett, This also is my favorite, like mint chip ice cream!
    I love your kindness, thank you for your encouraging comment !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE biscotti and though I make them occasionally I have never dipped them in Ganache. Brilliant and they look so luscious! I am trying this! And I love trying new biscotti recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jamie! Me too I love biscotti, plus this one has mint in the recipe!
    Please try, enjoy:)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Biscotti is one of my favourite things, to have with my coffee, but I have never tried this chocolate mint combination...which must be mouthwatering!
    Un beso, from Koh Samui, Thailand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cristina! You would enjoy the freshness ~mint~, of the bite!! Thank you,
    Enjoy your stay:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. an these too!! too awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coolness of the ~mint~ reminded me of the good old thin mint cookies, from the girl scouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chef Chuck! This will be just the thing for the fundraising dinner I told you about. Hope to talk to you soon. Dolisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Dolisa! Great, I am glad you like!!
    Talk to you soon:)

    ReplyDelete