Chef Chuck's Mini Pecan Pies

Torta di Noci


A mini pecan pie is the perfect dessert, sweet and nutty with a flaky crust. Who needs the whole pie when these bite size goodies are just the right size.


Mini Pecan Pies


Dough


3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup flour


Filling


1 cup pecans, chopped
1 egg
1 tablespoon butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
confectioners sugar, for dusting


Dough: In a mixer blend together cream cheese, butter and flour to make a dough. Place on floured board and kneed to make a smooth ball. Cover with plastic wrap. Either take 1 teaspoon of dough and form each cup with your fingers, or roll out and cut out 1 1/2 inch circles to form in each cup. It is a sticky dough, use just a little flour when rolling out.
Filling: Combine all ingredients, fill each cup half full, using about 1 teaspoon of filling. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool on rack, freezes well in air tight containers. When cooled sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Makes 24

17 comments:

  1. bite size! so we can eat more. lol
    very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, Exactly!! All physiological!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in time! I just bought a pack of pecans!! Now I have something to make with them!! Great little pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash, You must try these! But only eat a few!!
    I too ran into Pecans, our local farmer had a bucket. Take care, Chuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Sophie, They are rich but delish!! You and husband enjoy!! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chef Chuck: you inspired me with this recipe for our Thanksgiving dessert throwdown. Sadly, I didn't win (boo hoo). It was the red velvet cupcakes that took the prize. But thanks for the great idea - I just posted my recipe and hope you don't mind that I mentioned you in my post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi, Glad I inspired you, your attempts I am sure were fabulous! Red Velvet Cupcakes can be a strong competitor!! You will get him next time.... I don't mind at all. Thanks, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these mini pecan pies look so delicious! Great recipe! I would love to try making it some time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Krysten, They are so good! Great for the holidays~ Enjoy :)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just made these pecan pies today! I used pre-made pie crusts and I think that is what made my pies turn out a little dry! Next time I will try your pie crust recipe as well! I hope you don't mind that I mentioned your recipe in my blog, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Krysten, So happy you tried this one. Yes, the butter crust will give you the moistness needed. Thank you for mentioning my recipe! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These were fantastic! A perfect portion of a sweet treat. The crust really makes them wonderful. I'm going to make more for the other side of the family today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Valerie, I am so happy you and your family are enjoying this mini delights! We can't do with out them on the holidays.
    Happy Holidays to you and your family!
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I'm going to be making these tonight for my holiday employee potluck tomorrow. Can you please tell me how many servings this receipe yields? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Brandy,I am sure this will be a crowd pleaser!
    This will make about 24 pieces.
    Thank you :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They came out perfect and so easy to make.

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful! Just in time for the holidays...
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete