Chef Chuck's Cod Fish Soup

Zuppa di Pesce di Merluzzo

Cod Fish Soup

A wonderful combination of Pacific cod fish, green olives, capers, potatoes and San Marzano tomatoes makes this a tasty soup. Every bite has a delicious flavor of the Pacific waters. You could substitute a variety of white fish in place of the cod.

Cod Fish Soup
1 pound cod fish
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion, sliced
3 potatoes, cubed
1/2 cup green olives
1/4 cup capers
1 cup vegetable broth
1 large can whole tomatoes,
crushed
1 cup water
1 tablespoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
flour

Wash and lightly pat dry fish, cut into 4 inch chunks. Season the flour with salt and pepper, dredge fish set aside. In a large pot heat olive oil add onions and saute for 1 minute add fish
cook 1 minute on each side. Stir in potatoes, olives, capers moisten with the broth, then add tomatoes. Season with oregano salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes with lid on.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie, So true, thank you, take care !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks quite nice, I love the addition of olives!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ash, I love that added flavor also! Take care, Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I have to say that this soup looks amazingly delish. Ahh, I just wish I had codfish in my fridge. This would have been perfect for today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rylan, You are correct this soup filled my soul!!
    Any white fish would do fine! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy. I'm going to definitely try this one. I might add some wine though! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jodi, That sound like a great additive!!
    Thank You, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete