Chef Chuck's Spaghetti with Zucchini and Mint


Spaghetti con Zucchine e Menta

A spaghetti dish that suits the season, freshly picked zucchini, red peppers and fragrant mint tossed gently in spaghetti. This light and quick recipe is always satisfying on these hot summer days. Growing your own produce or buying local is guaranteed to be fresh and flavorful.

Spaghetti with Zucchini and Mint

1/2 pound spaghetti
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 medium zucchini
small red hot peppers
fresh mint, finely chopped
salt


Slice zucchini thin and salt, set aside. Cook pasta in boiling salted water till al dente. Meanwhile in a large frying pan heat olive oil add garlic and peppers and cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and lightly fry on both sides. Drain pasta add to zucchini pan, toss gently. Plate up then and sprinkle on mint and drizzle with olive oil. Serves 2.

6 comments:

  1. Buying local is sometimes healthier as well if you are able to buy from an organic grower. Best of both worlds with fresh and organic! Great use of mint here, Chef. I never would have though to add it in but I imagine it adds an interesting flavor to brighten up the flavors. A beautiful pasta, my friend. You were reading my mind once again as I have been craving pasta lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brigett, I grow everything organic in my gardens, plus I feel so lucky to have many local farmers around me! I would love to, send you some wonderful garlic I grew, if you want. Just email an address. Pasta for you and I, as Italians can be eaten almost every day!! Grazie, to my ~Italian Friend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like anotherr winner, Chuck. Must tell you, I made your linguine with anchovies and walnuts last night. Absolutely delicious. Everyone loved it and there was nothing left. I'm going to make sure I always have anchovies and walnuts in the larder now as it'll be a great standby. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi casalba, I am so glad to here everyone liked the anchovie and walnut dish! This is what it is all about:)
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must make this!! Such awesome flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ash! Please try this one day, you will enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete