Chef Chuck's Pasta with Onions


Pasta con Cipolle


A pasta recipe filled with wonderful flavors, sauteed sweet red onions, smoky pancetta and a silky ricotta cheese mixture. I purchased red onion bulbs in a market in Florence, then I planted the sweet red bulbs in my garden. I also used pancetta, which is Italian bacon, you could replace the pancetta with bacon. This is a hearty and satisfying pasta meal.


Pasta with Onions


1/2 pound penni pasta
3 cups sweet red onions, sliced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 slices pancetta, cubed
4 tablespoons ricotta
1/2 cup parmigiano cheese, grated
1 tablespoon oregano
salt and pepper


Saute onions in butter and olive oil till caramelized this takes about 15 minutes. Cook pasta in boiling salted water till al dente. Cook pancetta with the onions and brown. Add cooked pasta and a little pasta water (one ladle). Combine the ricotta, parmigiano, oregano, salt and pepper. Add this mixture to the warm pasta. Stir till everything is incorporated and serve with a salad and bread.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum!! I could so go for this right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ash! Nice to hear from you.
    I understand, I feel the same way!
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete