Chef Chuck's One Pan Pasta







This is a simple one pot pasta recipe. Easy to make, quick, and delicious! Really a unique dish, it will become an old standby! Watch the video clip from my show on Arizona Midday to see how simply you can make a pasta dinner for the whole family. We serve this with homemade bread and salad.


Chef Chuck's One Pot Pasta
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds fresh tomatoes about 8 medium tomatoes
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
2 1/2 cups hot water can use up to 3 cups
3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
parmigiana, cheese grated
salt and pepper to taste


In a large saucepan heat pan add olive oil then add paste and brown for about 3 minutes, stirring. Add garlic, saute for another minute then cut tomatoes in half and take core out, place cut side down on medium heat with lid on for about 5 minutes. Use tongs to remove skins and discard them, add salt and pepper. Add uncooked pasta and hot water put lid on and cook 10 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chuck, I have a silly question but it always trips me up. Is "minced" garlic the same as "crushed?" And if a recipe calls for something to be minced, is it bad to go ahead and just, say, bruise the garlic clove?

    E-Talian is back by the way. It took some time but I finally found the energy. A presto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alessandro, Glad to see your back! I hope your doing well.
    Yes Alessandro, minced garlic is much finer an usually pressed in a hand garlic press.
    It seems to get into the foods better.
    Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chef Chuck, I love the whole concept of "one pan" pasta. My favorite pastas are always the simplest and created all in the same pan. I never thought to cook the tomatoes that way! How simple to remove the skin. I like your image too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jodi Nina, I also love the ease of this pasta dish, you must try!! Use well ripened tomatoes for more sweetness! Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple is indeed the best. This is my favorite way to have pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nirmala, Simplicity!! Glad you enjoy this dish!
    Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete